Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Driving with Mario

Today was a repeat of yesterday's manic ride into work with Pete. He suggested I take a nap on the way in, which is why we're trying to switch off driving duties, but that was easier said than done. Every time I opened my eyes we were either doing 80 and three feet from someone's bumper, or swerving onto the shoulder, or slamming on the breaks at weird, random moments. And every time Pete would pass someone that was going rather slowly (which I admit was a huge problem today) he would dramatically turn his head and give the person a dirty, mean stare as we drove by. I tried to crawl under my seat, but I couldn't get my belt off. Then, when we got to his work, he asked me if I had a nice rest and why I looked so concerned. It's so ridiculous it's funny.

No comments: