Friday, July 04, 2008

Good ol' myopia

Well, I've done it again. I own TWO pairs of glasses and can't seem to find either one. I wear contacts all day, but I need to give my eyes a rest at night, especially since I'm an illustrator/designer and proofreader, and my eyes are fried by the end of the day. So needless to say it's been fun trying to see what I'm typing here. And I can't see the wonderful things I've been looking up online for the last several hours. If I sit so that my nose is 10-12 inches from the screen, I'm good to go, but that gets old after a while and my neck hurts from the awkward angle. I think I'll call it a night and hunt for my glasses in the morning (with my contacts in, of course!).

The sad thing is my eye doctor now wants me to use readers at work. My eyes have been getting tired lately, and things are blurry and hard to focus on after 8 hours of work, even though my close-up vision is perfect. He says it's from aging. How depressing. Does that mean I have to get one of those eyeglass chains that little old ladies wear?

No comments: