Friday, July 04, 2008

Migraines

Boy I love migraines. I tend to get them in clusters that run several days in a row, so an entire week is usually ruined. And they tend to be all over the board in type, intensity, duration, etc. I usually rank them on a scale of 1-10, and I've very rarely had 10s, thank God. 

Today I woke up with a mild headache, so I took an aspirin. Didn't do anything, so I took another. Again, nothing. So I moved up to an Excedrin. I started feeling hyper and my stomach wasn't too happy, but the headache was only getting worse. 

Now I'm about to take one of my expensive migraine pills that run $5 a pop WITH insurance. The pills don't take effect right away either, so I get to suffer for another hour or so until the migraine slowly fades away. Sometimes I feel sickly and exhausted all day after taking the pill, even after my migraine is gone, so the day is usually a loss for me. 

Hopefully this one won't turn out that way. It's only a level 3 or so migraine, but it's getting stronger by the minute, so I'm off to take some drugs. Yay.

No comments: