Saturday, July 19, 2008

Swollen foot

Yesterday morning I was getting some water in the lunchroom at work, and happened to look down at my feet. I almost did a double take when I saw how swollen my left foot was. The ankle was completely shrouded in bloated shapes, and even my calf was slightly enlarged. It started feeling more and more tender as the day went on, and the swelling seemed to increase as well. Since I don't remember hurting my foot, this happened to freak me out quite a bit. I always seem to get these weird afflictions, and I always worry I've got some rare, incurable disease or disorder. Then my mind starts running in a million directions, and I imagine things like being treated for a weird parasitic disease, or fainting during a meeting, etc.

My foot is still a bit tender and swollen today, so I'm going to guess that I stepped on it funny and this is the result. Very bizarre.

No comments: